Thursday, October 6, 2011

Anthony's Tour of San Francisco

Anthony would like to tell you all about his exciting trip to San Francisco...

Although I am a seasoned traveler, having been to NYC and Colorado, this was my first time having my own seat on the airplane.

I had lots of leg room!


We could see the famous Golden Gate Bridge from the plane.

After we checked into our hotel we took a walk around the beautiful Palace of Fine Arts. I liked the fountain.
We met some swans there.

Then we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. I liked driving around San Francisco because my car seat was facing frontwards, so I had a much better view than usual of all the trucks on the road.

You may notice that I have my fingers in my mouth in almost all of the pictures of this trip. I think I just may be getting those last few teeth in!

We had dinner just over the bridge in Sausalito.
Pizza and beer at a place right on the water.
The waiter gave us a free dessert for no reason!

Then it was time to head back to our hotel for some shut-eye.
Or not.

The hotel was great because it had a big bed that I got to play on all night long!

The next morning, we went on a bleary-eyed adventure to a place called ILM. I will let Daddy tell you about that here.

...But that wasn't enough excitement for one day. We had ferry tickets to take a ride out to the notorious prison, Alcatraz.

We had a few hours before our ferry was leaving, so we headed to the Piers to walk around and see the sights at Fisherman's Wharf.

I got to have a hot dog and then we got on the boat.

I look scared here but I wasn't.

Alcatraz was very cool. But I will let Daddy give you all the details here.

That night, back on dry land, we had dinner in a diner. I had been to a diner once before, in New York, but that one didn't have a jukebox like this one.

The next day we went to Golden Gate Park. I had fun at the Japanese Garden.



I spent the rest of the time asleep because it was mostly boring. I think there are a bunch of museums and flowers and stuff like that there.

You can't go to San Francisco and not ride the cable car.

So I did!

I liked San Francisco very much, and Mommy and Daddy said I am a very good traveler!

No comments:

Post a Comment