Friday, October 12, 2012

All Work and No Play

Friday is usually my day off from work.  Anthony and I go to Music Together class in the morning and then we get the whole day to do whatever else we feel like.  But I got behind on some reports at work that were due TODAY, and even though I stayed up until 3:00 to try to finish last night, I still had to go in to the office for a few hours after music class.

I don't like bringing Anthony to work when I have work to do, because it's pretty hard to get anything done.  Plus it can't be too much fun for him to sit in a cubicle.  What kind of a place is this where there are a bunch of yoga balls but everyone's just sitting on them staring at computer screens instead of playing with them?

But it was Friday so he came with me.  The one good thing that came out of this was the discovery of a classic Sesame Street episode from 1973.  I brought in some Signing Time DVDs to keep the little guy amused while I toiled, but couldn't get them to play on my laptop, so I looked for something to put on for him quick, and I struck gold.



I only had a few glimpses of the show here and there, but it had some great early 70's style.  Just about everyone had an afro, including Stevie Wonder, who just happened by to hang out with Grover!  Luis and Bob were there, but they weren't old guys- they were young!  There was even a clip of a kid riding a bike without a helmet.  Superficial differences aside, it was great to see that the show is still very much the same now as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment